Old October 30th 07, 07:40 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.taiwan
BradGuth

Default ..New Space-Race to the Moon..History is (Tragically) Repeating Itself

On Oct 30, 11:27 am, Damien Valentine wrote:
On Oct 27, 8:06 pm, "Jonathan" wrote:

First Bush and his Vision to the moon, then Japan, India
and now China all gearing up to go back to the moon.
...The same reason for Apollo, we were in a ....military...race
with the Soviets.

On the other hand, what has humanity done in space since the end of
the Cold War? Well...we've put up one-and-a-half space stations,
we've got a half-assed heavy booster (which wasn't too reliable to
start with; now it's apparently falling apart at the seams), and
occassionally we've got a billionaire renting some space on the half-
station for a few days.

I say bring on the new Space Race. At least something will happen.

I 100% agree, that it's certainly a whole lot better off than having
the likes of Japan, China and India making WMD for a living, or much
less that of our clear intentions of putting nukes in space.

At least while we're busy getting those innocent Muslims traumatised
or dead, and otherwise insuring the maximum possible cost for fossil
and yellowcake fuel, whereas perhaps Japan, China and India can set
those new and improved physics and science standards that'll only
benefit humanity, and perhaps even allow some viable degree of
progress towards repairing our badly failing environment and/or
advancing our human DNA via intelligent design towards becoming a
whole lot more rad-hard.
- Brad Guth -