Old October 22nd 04, 05:41 PM
rander3127

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:14:01 -0700, "starlord"
wrote:

Then I'll put it this way, the space probe would have about the same effect
as a grasshoppen impacting on the front bummper of a 18 wheel simi going
down the interstate at 75mph.

or the same effect as you taking a head down run at a brick wall.

Even if it had a measurable effect, since when did space exploration
mean "no risk involved?" The only reason the poster was asking was
that it's alien for anyone but astronauts to have to TAKE any risks,
but we all get the benefits from space exploration.