Old April 1st 21, 03:09 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default New Warp Drive Model Requires No ?Exotic Matter,? Scientists Say We Can Build It

In article ,
says...

Feasible? Or just more dreamware?

"On the heels of The Debrief?s exclusive interview with a Chicago area
engineer who patented a new concept for faster than light travel, a team of
researchers headquartered in Sweden have come up with a design for an
entirely new version of Warp drive."

"Unlike the Alcubierre and White designs, the APL team?s proposal requires
no exotic matter to power the vehicle, but there is one catch. According to
the researchers, the physical nature of the new design means it is
constrained by Newtonian physics. In short, while their drive concept is
indeed designed to transport humans across the galaxy and needs no exotic
matter to fuel its journey, it is not capable of breaking the speed of light."

See:

https://thedebrief.org/new-warp-driv...-can-build-it/

I call b.s. on all warp drive concepts that can't be built and tested.
the article says:

When asked what the main limitations were for constructing their
physical warp drive for testing, the researcher admitted that
today's equipment might not be up to the task. "The level of
precision needed for the instruments to measure the
gravitational effects of the craft [is currently] insufficient.
We have to start small."

The above makes zero sense to me. The issue in my mind is how to create
"the gravitational effects" in the first place. Insisted, they're
talking about the instruments to measure the effect. What kind of b.s.
answer is that?

So, the title of the article, "NEW WARP DRIVE MODEL REQUIRES NO 'EXOTIC
MATTER,' SCIENTISTS SAY WE CAN BUILD IT", is click-bait.

Jeff