Old March 22nd 19, 07:30 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default BBC: Miscarriages of justice by science-ignorant juries

On Thursday, March 21, 2019 at 9:00:13 PM UTC-4, palsing wrote:
On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 7:06:58 PM UTC-7, wrote:

Chemicals HAVE been known to increase or cause cancer, so you need to show up with proof that a particular chemical in question does not. Don't blame the jury.

https://www.acsh.org/news/####/##/##...e-cancer-#####

What does that diatribe have to do with,

1) the fact that some chemicals have been known to be carcinogenic,
2) one would need to present evidence that a chemical is or isn't carcinogenic,
3) juries render verdicts based on evidence presented by each side

?

If, as a juror, you walked into a court having already decided what the verdict should be, you do NOT belong on the jury.

I would be an ideal juror, because I am disinterested in the verdicts. You, however, are biased and unfit.