Old December 8th 18, 09:19 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Lat/Long and timekeeping system for Mars

It took the academic Brits over 150 years to accept the additional and necessary calendar correction over and above the leap day correction that the Church instituted in 1582. It is why I place little stock in the present adherents to Royal Society ideologies which sprung up during that period even if the rest of the world seems taken with what is effectively a clockwork subculture. Nothing in this thread which affirms an original and unique framework for Mars that will keep timekeeping to a close proximity to its daily and annual cycles. I wish it was stubbornness for good reason but it is pure unadulterated brutishness.

For people who are supposed to elevate logic and mathematical reasoning to a ridiculous level, the inability to affirm the 1461 days/rotations within the confines of 4 orbital circuits or the insistence in 366 1/4 rotations per orbital circuits obscures the masterpiece that is planetary timekeeping. This is as far as it goes when somebody does not have the integrity to affirm what is correct.