Old December 7th 18, 04:47 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Default Lat/Long and timekeeping system for Mars

Paul Schlyter:
You can use the sky itself as a sidereal clock by finding out on
which RA your local meridian is.

When I was teaching myself to program in BASIC in the early 80's the
first useful program that I wrote was one that calculated the local
mean sidereal time (LMST) from local mean time (LMT) + geographic
coordinates. It was based on formulas from Jan Meeus and the USNO
"Astronomical Almanac." It would print a table with LMT at various
intervals over a 12-hour period in the first column and the
corresponding LMST in the right column. Fun and useful.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm