Old October 19th 08, 12:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: NGC7354

Great shot Rick. This nebula looks a lot like NGC 6772 and 6804. It looks
like I haven't imaged this one.

Stefan

"Rick Johnson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ster.com...
Small planetaries have been a problem for me. I just don't have the
seeing to show the fine detail others can image so I get a blob of
light. NGC 7354 has been a failure of mine due to seeing. But a while
ago seeing showed signs of calming. I took 2 hours of luminosity data
using 2 minute exposures at 0.5". Only 9 of them were usable. Seeing
never held for more than 2 minutes hence the short exposure time. I
really need 20 minute frames as this scale to keep the noise down. By
this time seeing was getting poor but I grabbed a couple minutes of 1.0"
color data for each color. I planned on trying again but the weather
never cooperated and it has moved into my "Polaris tree" for the rest of
the season. I was surprised to find something could be salvaged from
this very limited data. Color is weak but will have to do for this year.

14" LX200R @ f/10, L=9x2' RGB=2x2', STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

Rick