Old June 14th 09, 05:38 PM posted to sci.space.tech,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Derek Lyons

Default Notice: SST Moderators

OM wrote:

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 10:58:24 EDT, (Derek Lyons)
wrote:

What problems would that be Alan? That the moderators are real people
with real lives?

....Something a lot of people tend to forget about moderated groups
like this.

That the moderators care enough to let you know *in
advance* of a temporary slowdown?

....Something that I've honestly seen very rarely done by a moderator.
Usually they disappear and never explain their absence or the gap in
posts passing through.

Which is why we have multiple moderators - we've already had a couple
of gaps in coverage by one moderator or another and you haven't even
noticed them. But this week and the next we have a rare confluence
where Greg is travelling on business and I am traveling on family
matters.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.