Old September 24th 04, 06:46 PM
Jeff Findley

"Jim Kingdon" wrote in message
news
I guess the biggest problem is
getting through a hatch. The standard ISS solution, as I understand
it, is a through-hull on each side, followed by an EVA to hook them
up.

For some things I think this is true. For others, you run the lines to
fittings that attach with short connections in the vestibule area of the
CBM's. That way you can work in shirt sleeves, but can still close the
hatches without disconnecting anything. MPLM's use this feature of the
CBM's, so documentation on MPLM to ISS interfaces go into some detail about
these connections.

One has to wonder if there are any existing or "extra" water connections at
the various CBM's throughout the station that could be used for this
purpose.

But water is "easy" compared to dealing with the H2. You'd also need a
connection to vaccuum so you could vent H2. I'm sure you'd want this to be
a dedicated connection so there is zero chance of cabin air mixing with the
H2 and going "boom".

Jeff