Old June 30th 04, 11:48 PM
Tom Hole

Default Maybe you sci.astro.amateur and sci.astro readers can explain this

"Common Man" wrote in message
news.com...
Note to the readers of sci.astro.amateur and sci.astro:

Pearl is a regular in the alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian newsgroup and
claims that the earth could be hollow. She goes on to claim that this
could have been caused by a rapidly spinning early earth. I've tried
to explain (without success) that such a rapidly spinning body would
flatten out rather than become hollow.

If any of you wish to take a crack at explaining this to her, feel
free.

For Pearl: Evidence that a rapidly spinning object would flatten out,
not become hollow.

See: http://www.govertschilling.nl/artike.../030612_sc.htm

Hmmm, we might be orbiting a tad differently if our mass were significantly
different than we have guessed it to be as a semi-solid core. Talk about
global warming.

Tom