Old January 24th 04, 05:25 PM
Jeroen Smaal

"Painius" wrote in message
"Jeroen Smaal" wrote...
in message . nl...

"Painius" wrote in message

Thanks, Jeroen! Are these reliable? I have read that many
cameras that *say* they do long exposures don't actually
deliver the goods. Or after you buy them, you have to figure
out a way to make it do long exp.s because the manual for
the camera does not make it clear how to do it.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

Hi Paine,

I'm very certain these are reliable. These pictures are made with fairly
high-end cameras operated by very capable amateur astronomers (this off
course is not proof in itself). To get the amount of detail that shows in
these pictures, they MUST have done long exposures.

With SLRs (either digital or analog) long exposures are usually done with
manual timing (i.e. using a cable release to open and close the shutter), so
the operator knows exactly how long the shutter has been open.

Jeroen.