Old October 24th 12, 11:26 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
oriel36[_2_]

Default Online tutor?

On Oct 24, 12:59*am, Martin Brown
wrote:
On 23/10/2012 12:48, Lunar wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and want to learn more about our solar system and
beyond. I'm eight years old and feel too advanced for what my school are
teaching me (poems about the order of the planets in our solar system!)
I want to learn more.

I know the basics but I'm struggling to understand the more advanced
books and documentaries. Is there anyone who can help me understand
beyond the basics?

One afterthought.

You should write or email to the UK magazine "Astronomy Now" suggesting
that they have a juniotic r page or column that explains the basics.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

How a bunch of empirical thugs managed to subvert astronomy is quite a
story and a very complicated one but ultimately it filters down to the
education system where it surfaces as ridiculous ideas fit for no man
nor student -

"Each solar day the Earth rotates 360º with respect to the Sun.
Similarly the Earth rotates 360º with respect to the background stars
in a sidereal day. During each solar day, the motion of the Earth
around the Sun means the Earth rotates 361º with respect to the
background stars."

http://certificate.ulo.ucl.ac.uk/mod...bDoc.5458.html

Don't talk to me about abuse of children by celebrities and the
response to it,the systematic abuse of position by teachers is far
more damaging and it is not possible to plead ignorance, a society
which cannot keep 24 hour days in step with one rotation of the Earth
has failed as the priority of interpretative faculties which drive a
healthy society are replaced by the speculative nonsense of modelers.

This is not 'Piltdown man' where empirical thugs can conceal a hoax
for 40 years until people retire or die before they attempt to set
things right,this is the 21st century and as the Italian judgment
demonstrates,the era of wild 'predictive' agendas without
responsibility or accountability is over.Again,the English must face
the mess created within their borders or have it done for them
externally.