Old February 19th 04, 01:00 PM
Joe Knapp

Default Spheres coming from bedrock?

"Greg Crinklaw" wrote
Joe Knapp wrote:
http://www.earthfiles.com/news/news....tegory=Science

Joe I was with you right up to that point. This web site is not a
reliable source of information. The reporter in question is a nutter
who thinks crop circles are made by visiting aliens.

That is an ad hominem fallacy. I was not recommending the web site per se.
The interviewed source is on the MER team (Dr. Greeley). It's interesting
that MER personnel (Greeley, Grove and others) are talking to and emailing
these reporters that you shun.

Puritans, a very dogmatic people, couldn't go to sleep at night worrying
that somewhere, somebody was having fun. Mars Puritans can't sleep at night
thinking that somewhere, someone might be having an idea about Mars outside
the envelope of the latest JPL press release. The horror!

Better that your nemesis should not be the people with off-beat ideas about
space, but the people who don't care one whit about space exploration on way
or the other. It seems JPL is giving "earthfiles.com" the time of day at
least, and not with supercilious condescension. Without nutty ideas based on
almost total speculation, the pages of Mars history would be blank. Or it
would be a pamphlet.

Joe