Old December 10th 06, 04:12 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

Default Einstein was an atheist. ACTUALLY EINSTEIN WAS AN IDIOT

46erjoe wrote:
Okay, he wasn't an idiot. I just wrote that to get you attention.

Einstein may have been a genius in his field but that doesn't mean he
was an expert in other fields, like theology and religion. He could
have been (and I believe he was) and idiot insofar as religion is
concerned. There's no way in hell he could have studied enough of the
source material to reach any informed conclusions. It takes as much
study to become a theologian as it does to become a physicist.

Do you think that four years of studying dogmas at a seminary gets one
any closer to ultimate truths?

Not
many people in our day and age can be true multi-disciplinarians. So
why all this **** about whether Einstein was an atheist or not, as
though whether he was or wasn't carries any weight? It's like asking
the Pope if he believes in string theory. If he does it must be true
etc etc

The Pope is held to infallible on matters of faith and doctrine, but is
string theory doctrine? Believing in it does take a lot of faith!

And the biggest idiots of all were the ones who posed the question to
AE in the first place as to whether he was an atheist or not. I'm
surprised old AE didn't just pop off: "Oh shut the f*** up and let me
do my science."

Einstein had a lot of opinions outside of science, but most people
never gave them much weight.

Double-A