Old June 21st 17, 06:10 PM posted to sci.astro
Mike Dworetsky

Default 2035 Eclipse

John wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:04:32 +0100, "Mike Dworetsky"
wrote:

Fritz Owl wrote:
Even though it is 18 years away, the 2035 eclipse could present a
problem for some American travellers as Pyongyang will be in the
path of totality, and that one Congressman is currently pushing a
bill to ban American travel to North Korea.

If that ban is still in effect in 2035, it should be noted that
Americans who do not live in the United States will be not subject
to the travel restrictions, if they hold dual nationality and use
their other passport to travel to Pyongyang in 2035.

So for those Chinese citizens who hold USA/China dual citizenship
(and there are quite a few) who live in China, and decide to travel
to Pyongyang in 2035, you can use your Chinese passport to enter and
depart North Korea and will be not subject to this ban, if it is
still in place in the year 2035.
China/USA dual nationals who live in China, use money drawn on
Chinese banks, and use their Chinese passports to travel to
Pyongyang in 2035 for that eclipse will be not subject to any
restrictionn on DPRK travel imposed by the American government.

Or, to simplify things greatly, one could note that the eclipse will
also be visible from NE China and Japan, for which these travel
problems are unlikely to be a factor.

Unless Nurkreeyah has, by that time, initiated the last global
conflict, China and Japan have both been vitrified into trinitite and
what we so amusingly think of as our "civilisation" has degenerated
into a post-apocalyptic nuclear wasteland haunted by remnants and
relic species.
Then travel to the former isles of Japan may be a little onerous.
J.

In which case, we will have more pressing problems to solve.

--
Mike Dworetsky

(Remove pants sp*mbl*ck to reply)