Old January 2nd 17, 02:11 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default 60mm refractors are good

On Monday, January 2, 2017 at 9:01:45 AM UTC-5, Quadibloc wrote:
On Monday, January 2, 2017 at 1:34:12 AM UTC-7, Chris.B wrote:

If only altazimuth mountings with drives and Goto became the norm. The small
refractor market could be transformed if only they would junk the CRAPPY
equatorials.

But if you want to take a long-exposure photograph, you need an equatorial.

John Savard

We don't have, and won't get, a definition of "CRAPPY equatorial," yet engaged discussion can't proceed unless we do.

Are you looking forward to the onslaught of new 60mm and GoTo scope recipients at your club? Isn't GoTo supposed to come with tech support from the vendor?