Old November 15th 05, 11:24 AM
oriel36

Default Relativity question

To Klazmon

A brute mentality has no feel for astronomy or astronomical methods,it
always shows in your replies insofar as this place is less like a forum
and more like a chatroom.

It is easy to see that Newton transfered Flamsteed's axial
rotational/stellar circumpolar equivalency at 23 hours 56 min 04 sec
to a heliocentric/geocentric orbital equivalency but Newtonian
disciples like you never seem to recognise the misconduct,not just
Falmsteed's erroneous 'proof' for his conceptual equivalency but
Newton's also .

http://www.pfm.howard.edu/astronomy/...S/AACHCIR0.JPG

Newton was getting his mean Sun/Earth distances from Flamsteed's
burying of the exquisite Equation of Time principles by homogenising
axial and orbital motion into a calendrical average and dumping the
difference between the 24 hour day and the average calendrical return
of a star to the same position in a .986 deg/3 min 56 sec orbital
displacement.

What a shortcut !,what a mess but a vwery convenient one for
quasi-geocentrists and Newtonians -

"PHENOMENON IV.
That the fixed stars being at rest, the periodic times of the five
primary planets, and (whether of the sun about the earth, or) of the
earth about the sun, are in the sesquiplicate proportion of their mean
distances from the sun."

http://members.tripod.com/~gravitee/phaenomena.htm

I recommend that people who wish to become heliocentric astronomers
first become familiar with the Copernican resolution for retrogrades
which infers the Earth to remain orbitting the Sun and jettisoning any
approach that finds the Sun around the Earth (Like Newton did0 to be
valid in any shape or form.

If the price of following Newton is that the English will be
highlighted as people with creationist like mentalities the I am sure
many will be quite pleased but I have appealed for as long as I can for
a neccesary astronomical conceptual audit and not engage in the
exotic expansion of Newtonian quasi-geocentricity into relativistic
homocentricity.

There has to be at least a few people willing to engage this dire
situation brought on by 17th century misconduct