Old February 4th 05, 11:30 AM
Zinc Potterman

Default Amateur Astronomy in UK

I'm trying to find societies that are conducting amateur scientific
observations and get some feel
as to the numbers, compared to those who conduct observations for what they
would describe as solely pleasure and wonder. I realise that there will be
a lot of overlap and many imagers would see themselves as
conducting scientific work. To try to simplify the answer perhaps I should
define science (imperfectly I know) as when a measurement has been made
followed by some sort of analysis and or publication.
I have tried FAS.
I was also hoping to make contact with those who consider that they are
doing science and what exactly their programmes are.
Just interested in the relative numbers.
Zinc

--

To reply to address don't click.
Cut and paste, then delete