Old September 15th 04, 03:46 PM
Jeff Findley

"Kelly McDonald kellymcdonald@" ;
wrote in message
I wouldn't even say that, I think that the general public just over
estimate the amount of money spent on space today and as a result
don't think we should spend a lot more on it. Doesn't really help when
people start quoting 100 billion dollar price tags for ISS and
trillion dollar mars missions.

While the public may overestimate the total amount of money spent by NASA
each year, when they read news articles that quote the total cost of the ISS
program, many feel that the total amount spent on ISS is a waste. This goes
for other programs as well (like the Genesis mission that cost hundreds of
millions of dollars to put a crater in the desert).

Jeff