Old July 11th 03, 02:53 PM
Robert Geake

Default UK Astronomy Buy & Sell

Sorry Chris but any thing i have not requested be sent
to me is spam and therefore unwanted. No mater what
the content.

The sender of said spam is asked to stop, if they dont
they will find thier inbox becomming very very busy.

Any way the site seems a bit geeky and complex for
any to get really interested.

"Chris.B" wrote in message
om...
Stephen Tonkin wrote in message

M13 wrote:
Some of you may be interested in a new web site dedicated to used
telescope equipment swapping for the UK and Ireland. People can place
"for sale" and "wanted" adverts free of charge.

The site can be seen at www.astrobuysell.com/uk

This joker is also un-munging spoiled addresses from Chris's site and y#
spamming them with the same post (is he too stupid to understand that
the reason we spoil them is because we *don't* want spam? I, for one,
will not be supporting this spammer's web site.

Best,
Stephen

You got the right bloke Stephen? There's been some discussion on
Yahoo uk.telescopes. He's not selling anything. AFAIKT. He seems quite
reasonable. There's spam and there's spam. Somebody selling something
irrelevant is an ever increasing irritant. A free advertising service
for used astro equipment is not.IMO Though commercial spam from astro
equipment providers would be.
I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. Until the
commercial ads start and/or spam increase noticably or some other
problem crops up. Perhaps the answer would be to use a fresh e-mail
address to check if it's being mined? It has a way to go before it
reaches AA's popularity. But then it's just getting off the ground.
THe attraction of images, instant display and the ability to correct
the ad are all plus points IMO. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong. (As
usual).g

Chris.B