Old October 8th 11, 04:20 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
T.T.[_2_]

Default The greatest genius who ever lived?

I am one of the pedants who believe that the word "genius" refers to people
who have an inner drive, over which they have limited control, to produce
great things.
Of these, few can match Mozart.
He has said that at times the music wrote itself and that he did little to
alter it. Other composers, such as Beethoven, wrote more powerful and more
emotional music, but they wrote and re-wrote and polished and edited. There
must be a better word than "genius" to describe them and I would like to
hear what it is.