Old November 10th 18, 11:13 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default APoD today

I love this poem -

The Cloths of Heaven

Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light;
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
W. B. Yeats

I love what our ancestors did, even when it was half light, and the need to handle their observations with care least they vanish under the gaze of crude minds much like the great poetical language of inspiration.

The motion of the direct/retrogrades of the faster moving planets join those of the slower as being equally of joy and satisfaction so we can look both out and in as we do in all aspects of life.