Old September 8th 08, 07:43 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.environment,sci.physics,sci.chem
Pat Flannery

Default United States Falling Behind EVERYONE In Physics, Science, Rockets,EVERYTHING.

jonathan wrote:
Super Collider? The ultimate in reductionist goals. This type of science
defines the most useless, most irrelevant and least meaningful kind
of science possible....ie...it defines 'pure' science.

I'm still keen to see CERN crank it up...about the time that Stephen
Hawking thinks: "Did I make a slip there? Was that a plus where a minus
should have gone in that formula around thirty years ago?"
Then, in around a matter of a hour or so, the entire solar system
collapses into the black hole where Earth used to be.
Many would be appalled to conceive of such a possibility.
I'd find that to be absolutely hilariously funny. :-D

Pat