Old May 10th 04, 05:56 PM
Kirk Carbo

Default "Dew Buster" vs. "Kendrick"

Mark,

I have the old style Kendrick controller and the Dew Buster. The
advantage of the DewBuster is the temperature sensing function that
allows you to hold your optics at a preset temperature differential.
The old unit won't do this, the new Kendrick will. Using just enough
heat to keep your optics clear increases the time on your battery and
it minimizes the chance of overheating the scope and introducing heat
currents into the tube. The Dew Buster is built with heavy duty
components. It will handle at least a 30 amp load. The old Kendrick
controller is rated for 7 amps. I read the specs on the new Kendrick,
really cool looking unit, but expensive. Extra sensors would run an
additional $100 per scope. The DewBuster sensors are inexpensive.
Anyway, I didn't see any specifications on how much current the new
Kendrick can handle. I would ask that question before buying the new
Kendrick. That's another advantage of the Dewbuster. You can hook
up some really large heaters for SCT's and still have lots of current
left to run other heaters.

Kirk Carbo

Mark Smith wrote in message . ..
Anybody have experience with the two controllers? I understand that
the heaters themselves are interchangable. The high end Kendrick
controller, while it looks really cool, is much more than I am ever
going to need. I like the looks of the Dew Buster over the basic
Kendrick controller but am looking for experiences.

Thanks.

Clear, Dark Skies

Mark