Old September 2nd 17, 03:34 AM
WA0CKY WA0CKY is offline
Senior Member

That's a tough one from your skies. I'm amazed you did as well as you did with it. I'm so spoiled by my very dark skies that I'd just throw up my hands in despair at your background levels.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slilge View Post
NGC 3338 was sort of a "project galaxy" for me this year. I planned to do two nights but the galaxy's surface brightness was too low for my city skies. Some more nights followed of which three were discarded for various reasons (bad transparency, too much wind). In the end I had 14 hours of usable data which are displayed at 2/3 of the original size which gives a scale of 0,68 arcseconds/pixel.

Taken from Berlin with a 10" Meade ACF at f/8 on G11 and AZ-EQ6 mounts, Trius SX 694 camera.

Stefan