Old November 5th 05, 11:18 PM
Don1

Default Mass vs inertia

Herman Trivilino wrote:
"Don1" wrote ...

I know, but it's important purpose is that it zeros it in for each use:
How often does a scale really need to be calibrated, unless it gets
knocked out of whack?

Once. When it's built.

Then call in the "bureau of weights and
measures". They have the weights and measures to check the calibration
any scale.

Yes, they do.

So, it seems you can see the importance of having a standard with which to
calibrate the scale.

Without it, there is no way to manufacture the scale in the first place.

Oh sure. We could choose any standard weight, but like I said to Double
A, it would be expensive to start all over again. Might as well go
along with the pound-force, and weight that we have now. A lot of
research and developement has gone into it.