Old November 5th 07, 11:26 PM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
Fred[_7_]

Default kill all the stupid people

On Nov 5, 11:31?am, Ivan Marsh wrote:
On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 11:06:45 -0800, Fred wrote:
There is a book called "The Gene Bomb" by Dr. David Commings. Another
book he wrote is called "Tourette Syndomre and Human Behavior". He
states that people with ADD/ADHD and other behavior problems are
outproducing the general public due to their problems with impulse
control. The only way that these prople will be weeded out of society
is through war or some other international natural catostrophy.

...uh, assuming that anything you've said here is representative of the
apparent crack-pot David Commings...

This conclusion assumes that if there were a war or some other
international natural catastrophe that people with ADD/ADHD, tourette's
syndrome, etc... would somehow be victims of said war/disaster at a
greater percentage than those who don't suffer from such an affliction.

An obviously spurious assumption resulting in a highly unlikely outcome...
therefore nothing that "Dr." Commings has to say should be taken as the
slightest bit relevant.

How 'bout a more realistic, less idiotic and human scenario: CURE these
genetic disorders.

...and I sincerely hope you aren't equating genetic mental disorders with
stupidity.

--
I told you this was going to happen.

This is one situation where I tend to agree more with Dr. Cummings. I
have seen Dr. Cummings and his wife speak. There are things that I
don't agree with their philosophy - like they think that Tourette
syndrome can be eradicated in one generation if people with the
disorder would stop having children. Yet I was very critical when a
certain woman who had several Tourette children kept on producing more
children. The armed services will not recruit a person who took anti-
depressants and ADD/ADHD medications past age 12. They have been
stuck with having to pay disability claims on too many soldiers with
these afflictions. Genetic research has come a long way since Watson
and Crick - yet researchers have barely scratched the surface of the
genetic code. They are able to identify many genetic afflictions but
they are a long way from cureing the genetic disorders. I look at DNA
as a huge algorithm. Even though progress has been made, it will be
many generations before man can rewrite genetic code and cure many of
these disorders. Some of the people I have mentioned will live
shorter lives due to alcoholism, drug abuse, and taking risk.