Old February 4th 11, 05:48 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Newshound

Default Horizon "moon" programme

"David Entwistle" wrote in message
In message , newshound
writes

"Hils" wrote in message
newshound wrote:
Heaven help us all.

Do tell. I stopped watching TV altogether nearly two years ago: has it
become worse than ever? What have I missed. Feel free to express
yourself.
:-)

It would take too long. I always loved Alan Bennet's description of how he
would listen to Any Answers so that he could sit and "fume in impotent
liberal rage".

Hi newshound,

Are you sure it's a Horizon programme? I couldn't find any recent Horizon
programmes about the Earth's Moon. There is this:

"Do We Really Need the Moon?" presented by Dr Maggie Aderin-Pocock and a
BBC / Discovery Channel co-production for BBC Scotland.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00yb5jp

I haven't watched that, but it looks as though it could fit the bill...

The recent re-run of the series "The Planets" also featured the Earth's
Moon in its own episode. I thought that was excellent, although slightly
dated, so I doubt that's what you are referring to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00xyv72
--
David Entwistle

My mistake, but yes, the first is the one I mean