Old February 4th 11, 10:56 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Newshound

Default Horizon "moon" programme

"Hils" wrote in message
newshound wrote:
Heaven help us all.

Do tell. I stopped watching TV altogether nearly two years ago: has it
become worse than ever? What have I missed. Feel free to express yourself.
:-)

It would take too long. I always loved Alan Bennet's description of how he
would listen to Any Answers so that he could sit and "fume in impotent
liberal rage".

There was "tides are caused by a bulge towards the moon" (so why are there
two per day?)

The spin rate of the earth is reducing. So, by Newton's second law something
must be speeding up. The moon is speeding up and getting further away.

And she designs satellites!

Then there was all the Goldilocks stuff, isn't it lucky that geology plus
celestial mechanics ensures that all these life forms have niches which are
just right for them.