Old November 29th 07, 11:27 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.taiwan
Jonathan

Default ..New Space-Race to the Moon..History is (Tragically) Repeating Itself

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

Maybe you could give us a rational explanation of the so-called
connection between returning to the moon and missile defense?

Remember, this is the guy who thinks that if you wait around long
enough, rocks will come alive all on their own.

Ya know I can hear you!

And NASA is spending another $800 million to see if those
rocks are alive, maybe you should point your sarcasm at them
for wasting so much taxpayer money on a hunt you say is
so pathetically idiotic and kookish. I just happen to think the
rovers have shown us enough to justify a closer look, the best
planetary geologists and astrobiologists in the world agree.

But maybe all the experts are all a bunch of kooks, and you
alone are correct. Maybe, but I wouldn't bet anything on it.

If they don't have some sort of giant popular uprising during the
Beijing Olympics, his whole world view is going to fall apart.

And if it does happen? But maybe you're correct again, and
I should stop embarrassing myself by trying to do something
that may or may not make a difference. Maybe no one should
try to do anything more than post a few light-hearted jokes
and light weight opinions.

But then again, maybe I'll keep on trying until I figure out
how to make a difference. No matter what anyone thinks
about it.

If you can't take it, you shouldn't dish it out.

Jonathan

Pat