Old December 11th 06, 03:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Phil[_1_]

Default ASTRO: moon (again)

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 20:38:56 +0000, George Normandin wrote:

"Phil" wrote
.
..... the scope was an AstroPhysics 6-inch
F/12 refractor. ...... I'd like to see what this scope can
do on the planets with a webcam or similar video camera.

I think many of us would would like to see what planetary images it can
produce. Mind you I suspect the 20" will be very good too-perhaps you
could do a comparison for us trying to decide what the next dream scope
should be......

Phil the problem we've had with the 20RC on planets (and our C-14 also) is
heat running out the dome slit. Visually my Obsession 20 beats them all
(side-by-side comparison) on planets mostly because the seeing is better
outside. The original design for the 20 was to air-condition the dome, but
alas, the funds ran out. Now I think that the 6-inch refractor will be the
best solar/lunar/planetary scope at our observatory.

George N

Shame about the dome problems, would have been fun to see what it could do.
Phil