Old September 25th 03, 08:44 AM
Michael A. Covington

Default Flashing light in sky

@ wrote in message ...
Out in the garden last night at about 21:15. Looking just below Lyra

there
was a pulsating light I had not seen before. It went from nothing to

about
Mag 4-5 (at least to the naked eye) every 2-3 seconds. It did not appear

be moving during the 15 or so seconds I observed it - if it was it was

very
slow. By the time I had gone inside to get the scope out (about 1 minute
later) I couldn't see it any more.

Anyone any ideas what this was?

Obviously the space aliens coming to get us

Seriously, it could be anything from a tumbling satellite (positioned so
that sun reflects off it) to an aircraft moving directly toward or away from
you.