Old February 13th 19, 03:54 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Anyone know what these sensors are?

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 12:10:17 AM UTC-7, RichA wrote:

I think they make a colour version, maybe not. I was more interested in who made the sensors, a bit more on the tech behind them.

The fact that it is only a 12 megapixel sensor - a number of pixels that is
present in conventional sensors - would seem to suggest a different technology,
but the high price tag suggests a giant CMOS or CCD sensor.

Ah, this site

https://photorumors.com/2018/04/17/l...e-shot-camera/

claims it's a CMOS sensor.

So I suppose the innovative tech is to have multiple pixels in each large pixel
so that there is fault tolerance. This is, after all, a wafer-scale sensor.

John Savard