Old November 5th 17, 06:35 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

Default Reused Dragons to start flying this year

"Jeff Findley" wrote in message

SpaceX to restore damaged Cape Canaveral launch pad to service in
December
November 1, 2017 Stephen Clark
https://spaceflightnow.com/2017/11/0...-damaged-cape-
canaveral-launch-pad-to-service-in-december/

From above:
NASA said the Dragon spaceship assigned to the December launch
is the same capsule that flew to the station in April 2015 and
returned to Earth a month later. SpaceX launched a reused
Dragon cargo craft to the space station for the first time in
June, and the last newly-manufactured first-generation Dragon
was launched in August.

All future SpaceX resupply flights will use refurbished Dragon
capsules until upgraded ships are ready to take over.

So, the last of first generation Dragons was manufactured this year and
the first reused Dragon is expected to fly this December.

Pretty interesting. Also I believe it appears they added another Falcon 9
flight on the schedule for this year (I'm pretty sure it was 19 and now I'm
seeing 20).

I'm still a bit skeptical they'll get Heavy off in December, but, they're SO
close that a minor slip won't mean much.

Jeff

IT Disaster Response -
https://www.amazon.com/Disaster-Resp...dp/1484221834/