Old September 11th 18, 11:43 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default The Mad Hatter's astronomy

It is always helpful to put genuine concerns of mathematicians like Lewis Carroll in context of this era where an entire society followed mathematicians down a hole into a 't' party where the more things make less sense the more intelligent people are supposed to appear. The sci.relativity forum is a Mad Hatter's party but this newsgroup is not, it is for those who have a acquired adult appreciation of geometry and judgment of motions on scales that are longer and larger than normal human experience.

The pan-European fu)k-up doesn't belong to any particular nation although milestones do exist so I am less likely to point solely at the Royal Society agenda as I have done previously but rather have taken a position that looking at what is in front of observers carries more weight than historical context.

The 'adults-in-the-room' would not be 20th century 't' party relativists, they would be concerned people who do not want to waste the rest of their lives chasing rainbows designed by people of the last century or people who wish to save physics by dumping astrophysics as it has been practiced since empiricism took over.

I have seen these adults just yet as contributors here are either bullied or hapless.