Old March 16th 08, 11:58 PM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,soc.history.what-if,alt.astronomy
BradGuth

Default Earth w/o Moon / by Brad Guth

On Mar 16, 1:31 pm, brad wrote:
On Mar 16, 4:31 pm, BradGuth wrote:

The early or proto-human species as of during and then shortly after
the very last ice-age this Earth w/moon is ever going to see, as such
were extremely survival intelligent, much better off at their
surviving than the vast majority of supposedly highly educated humans
as of today could muster. " survival intelligent " ?absolutely. As such they had often recorded whatever
was of keen interest or of whatever else was shock and awe worthy of
their era.

And if they were here to read your posts they'd be dismayed at the
evolutionary left turn you took .

You think they too had a false elected LLPOF warlord as their resident
leader, along with puppet strings attached to some weird faith-based
mindset of global domination?

However, apparently as of prior to 12,500 BP, or even of somewhat more
recent times, there simply was not until some time after 12,500 BP
that human notice was taken of any significant ocean tidal issues, of
any seasonal tilt variation worth their having to migrate, and of
absolutely nothing ever got recorded or otherwise noted as to their
environment having that terrifically vibrant moon, as so often from
time to time allowing them to see, hunt and gather by winter night
nearly as clear as by day.

Do you hunt and gather by winter moonlight ?

If I and my family or community needed food, fuel or shelter, as such
if need be I'd be out there hunting and gathering by starlight, and if
having moonlight, all the better.

Seems if they were in fact survival smart enough and so good at
having
depicted their environment and of anything that truly mattered,
whereas such you'd have to rethink as to why such intelligent and
highly survival skilled folks were so otherwise entirely dumbfounded
and/or oblivious, as to their having excluded seasonal changes, ocean
tides and of that terrifically big old and bright looking moon of
ours.

W.H. Bradley counted varves in the Green River Formation and estimated
the associated epoch lasted 5 - 8 my . In total 650m thick . Holmes ,
" Principles of Physical Geology "

If you like that sort of swag, and its what makes you a happy camper,
then so be it. I'm not saying that Earth is young, just suggesting
that it didn't have that moon as of prior to 12,500 BP. Earth could
have had some other orbiting factors, even another mascon worthy moon
as of prior to 12,500 BP, although none of that offers an answer as to
accounting for those multiple 100,000 year ice-age cycles (of shorter
cycles as going back in time).

Interstellar rogue stuff happens all the time, and as such rogue items
are either going to lithobrake and/or semi-destruct by way of
encountering something along its path, or otherwise it's going to
eventually end up orbiting something along its path, if not returning
to its origin.
.. - Brad Guth