Old August 5th 07, 04:09 AM posted to sci.astro.fits
Maren Purves

Default [fitsbits] Question(s) regarding development of proprietaryFITS manipulation software. . .

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, gberz3 wrote:

So far, I've really only looked at the CFITSIO items and it's very
well documented (really too well) but the function names don't seem
very intuitive. I'm sure they mean a lot more to someone familiar
with FITS, but I'm absolutely not. It's basically like someone in
1989 asking you to write a JPEG file manipulation program. Sure the
information exists, but with 0 familiarity you'll need a lot of input.

there used to be a file called longnames.h ...

Aloha,
Maren