Old October 10th 03, 09:31 AM
Harald Kucharek

Default "short CSM" (was: "Marooned" horrific inaccuracies...?)

James Steven York wrote in message . ..
On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 14:20:37 -0400, (Mike
Flugennock) wrote:

At last, the image -- or at least one of them -- that I was looking for
regarding the "short CSM" discussion on the "Marooned" thread.

Would this:
http://www.astronautix.com/graphics/b/bigst80s.jpg
from the page
http://www.astronautix.com/craft/spaation.htm
...be what you're thinking of? Half-length SM, no SPS, larger RCS tankage,
as one poster put it, "...a honking big Soyuz"?

I must have looked at that image a million times, and always assumed
that those were simply modular add-ons to the space station. It's
obvious that they're Apollo command modules when you know what you're
looking at, but it just never dawned on me before.

Dito. :-(