Old May 24th 18, 07:21 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default China launch will prep for Moon landing

On Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 7:01:29 AM UTC+1, RichA wrote:
On Monday, 21 May 2018 11:59:43 UTC-4, StarDust wrote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-44198673

China has launched a relay satellite to prepare for a lunar rover mission planned for later in the year.

China is very ambitious?

The tragic thing is they are more less replicating things that were done what, 55 YEARS ago? We should have colonized the Moon AND Mars y now, visited all the other planets, and have a ship headed to a near star system. But lack of interest by an increasingly science-illiterate public and increasing weak-willed politicians means the space program is back at square one,

The moon landings were an engineering achievement however the astronomy backing our solar system surroundings was and remains exceptionally weak if completely false. With no appreciation of basic facts and the dominance of theorists and their voodoo, there is nothing to interest society other than sending satellites into space to serve their daily needs.