Old October 26th 20, 09:03 AM posted to sci.astro
Anders Eklöf

Default Obviously Variable (Newtonian) Speed of Light in Doppler

Pentcho Valev wrote:

Doppler effect in light (moving observer):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg7O4rtlwEE

The speed of the light pulses as measured by the stationary observer is

c = df

where d is the distance between the pulses and f is the frequency measured

by the stationary observer. The speed of the pulses as measured by the
moving observer is

c'= df' c

where f' f is the frequency measured by the moving observer.

See more he https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev

The correct word is of course apparently, not obviously.

Since your "explanations" systematically ignore the effects of time
dilation and length contraction they have no relevance to relativity.
These effects in special relativity explain the Doppler effect for light
just fine.

Newton knew nothing about relativity, so in a Newtioan system the speed
of light *appears* to be variable.

I guess it's a moot point trying to explain this to you...

--
I recommend Macs to my friends, and Windows machines
to those whom I don't mind billing by the hour