Old September 15th 14, 07:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill[_9_]

Default Astrology Predicted Russian Takeover of USSR in 1969!

On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 12:42:18 -0400, Davoud wrote:

Quadibloc:

I happened to be looking at a page about the star Alkaid ( القائد )
because of a Google search in which I was looking for the relationship
between the word "alcaide", derived from القائد meaning "commandant",
and the name of the terrorist organization al-Qaeda, القاعدة .

Yes, Alkaid and al-Qa'eda are derived from the same Semitic root.
That's part of the beauty of the Semitic languages. al-A'qid means
"colonel." in modern Arabic, as in the late al-A'qid Mu'ammar
Abu-Minyar al-Qathafi. The "Q" is pronounced like a "G" in some
dialects, and the "th," which has the same sound as the "th" in "there"
in Modern Standard Arabic (MSA), is pronounced like a "Z" in some
dialects.

What in hell are you trying to type that leads to that jumbled mess?
Arabic?

It displayed correctly for me.
--
Email address is a Spam trap.