Old August 13th 17, 01:36 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default NASA Chief Retiree's "Save the Houston Control Room" Program

In article ,
says...

On 2017-08-11 11:19, Rob wrote:

Put a Raspberry Pi in each station to blink the lights and act upon
the buttons...

Is there a point in doing this versus just having a static room with all
displays off?

It was my understanding that they wanted to restore it to working
condition capable of running a demo like it was during operation.

Whether it is pointless or not, well that is another question...

Cool goal, but a hell of a lot of work and even more money. If running,
it would take a lot of electricity (which generates heat which
necessitates cooling, which costs more electricity). Laudable goal, but
it would cost a fortune. Things like capacitors will have to be
replaced because they do go bad after that many decades.

Jeff