Old April 4th 06, 06:36 AM
kapow kapow is offline
Junior Member

Location: jacksonville, fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by starman
Hi everybody

Tonight in clear skies I saw an enormous 'hole' around the moon.

The hole was kilometres wide and was perfectly spherical in shape, at the 'edge' of this 'hole' there was a 'thick halo'. I have never seen anything like this and attempted to get a picture as a record, but to no avail.

I currently live in Ukraine, and the 'hole' was visible there at 9.30 CET

Does anybody know of an event like this, if so, what was the 'hole', how was it created etc.
Try to get someone to explain why we only see one side of the moon