Old August 13th 13, 10:20 AM posted to sci.astro.research
Steve Willner

Default WIMPS?

In article ,
"Richard D. Saam" writes:
Deceleration (aP) as well as radiation power half_life
should then be on the order of 87.7/4 or 21.9 years

You've lost me there. Radiative deceleration should be proportional
to power (according to the equation you quoted earlier), which
decreases exponentially according to the half-life. I think you've
confused yourself by thinking about temperature.

These half_lives should be considered very accurate

Yes, half life is an intrinsic property of the Pu-238.

The point of the recent analysis was that the radiative model is
consistent with all known data, and there is no need for "new
physics" to explain the so-called Pioneer Anomaly. That doesn't
prove that no new physics exists, but it removes one piece of
evidence.

Steve Willner Phone 617-495-7123
Cambridge, MA 02138 USA