Old July 9th 18, 09:15 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Making astronomy attractive for experimentalists

On Monday, July 9, 2018 at 5:02:47 PM UTC+1, palsing wrote:
Sorry, Gerald, but sidereal rotation is not fiction, and the mania is yours alone...

Being sorry is a feeling but like so many, you have no feeling for the basic astronomical fact that each day/night cycle is a result of one rotation. My sorrow and sometimes irritation about all this is balanced by walking through the woods in the evening or down at the shore at dawn before the Sun comes into view as the last of the stars and planets remain and the joy of being part of the daily rhythm which make up the spectacle of each rotation for such is inspiration in ourselves and in nature.

The innovative organizations and corporations which allows me to type and present images to the outside world suddenly becomes a 'can't do' like a mindless giant unable to use information as a conduit to tell astronomical narratives, the worst being the mindnumbing notion which ties rotation to circumpolar/sidereal/celestial sphere rotation -

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+long+does+i...h+to+turn+once

Doesn't matter how much wealth a person has, they will always be pseudo-intellectuals before astronomy and terrestrial sciences but most of all lose out on the spiritual/inspirational life as they journey through life on this planet.