Old September 8th 03, 01:47 PM
Bill Sheppard

Painius mused,

"But isn't space just SPACE? Isn't space
a VOID???"

"Er, uhm..."

"Isn't that why they call it SPACE?
Because it's VOID?"

"Well, uhm, there IS sort of... uhm... an
.'Energy Density' to space, and THAT'S
what's expanding. Yup, the energy
density."
"RIIIIiiiight."

Hey I betcha Moby could cast some light on the subject. Bert, run this
by Moby--

'Way down in the deep ocean there's an octopus who's going around
proposing a heretical theory to the orher octopii. He says they live in
something called the "ocean". They argue back, saying "Baloney. We live
in a void, see? This 'ocean' you speak of cannot be quantified,
isolated, or revealed by our senses. Therefore your 'ocean' is
nothingness and void."
The smarty-pants octopus says, "Our senses have evolved
to be 'blind' to the enormous hydrodynamic pressure of the ocean, and
that's why we _perceive_ it to be a void. But we can still deduce its
existance by observing its effects. In it we live and have our being. We
move by shooting jets of it. We know it resists acceleration thru it,
and supports currents. We know the ocean exists by what it does, even
though we are sensorally 'blind' to its pressure."

Let's see what Moby has to say about this analogy of the ocean
representing the Spatial Medium and its enormous vacuum energy density
(or VED).. our modern-day 'pneuma'.
oc

To reply by e-mail please use anti-spam address: oldcoot88atwebtv.net
Change 'at' to@