Old October 10th 18, 07:34 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Paul Schlyter[_3_]

Default Neil DeGrasse Tyson headed down same loony road as Carl Sagan?

On Tue, 09 Oct 2018 07:44:26 -0600, Chris L Peterson
wrote:
On Tue, 09 Oct 2018 15:16:49 +0200, Paul Schlyter
wrote:

I'm not sure of your point here. It certainly doesn't argue

against
anything I've said.

In your opinion, what are the simple fundamental concepts of that

GUT
which has QM as one of its limits and GR as another one of its
limits? Either you swiftly tell me that (and of course a majority

of
today's physicists should agree with you here), or else you admit
that it is not simple to find that answer.

I have no idea. Again, lacking knowledge about something does not

mean
that something is not simple. All of the major theories we have that
describe nature are simple. Why would I not expect the same for

those
we have not yet discovered?

I have not argued anywhere that it is simple to find any answers.

You have a quite unusual definition of simple if you think e.g.
tensor calculus is simple. Yes, the GR theory
uses tensor calculus as an essential part.

In normal language use, simple implies easy to learn.