Old December 9th 12, 09:09 PM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

Default As I predicted, space X to get military contracts:)

On Dec 9, 3:11*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
bob haller wrote:

Florida does not have any silos

You are absolutely wrong, there are many silos either in KSC , or the
attached military base. Fact is it was called silo road.

Uh, there's one there; 31B. *There's a second one at an abandoned
Aerojet facility near Miami that has and old solid booster that was
never developed sitting in it.

The remains of challenger were entombed in one of those silos.

So now there are none that don't have something in them. *And they
weren't 'entombed'. *They were just put in there. *'Entombed' implies
they were sealed up and going to stay there forever.

I believe there were 20 or 30, they used to be visible on google
earth, but sometime ago that entire area was obscured, no doubt for
security reasons

What you believe and the state of our present reality seem frequently
to be at odds. *This would appear to be another of those cases.

Oh, and I just looked at Google Earth and nothing is "obscured". There
are lots of launch sites for various things (Wikipedia even has a
map), but no vast field of silos.

*only stupid."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- Heinrich Heine

the challenger was entombed since a large concrete cap was poured over
the silos entrance. I suspect that siol is flooded since there is no
way to maintain any pumps inside it