Old October 21st 07, 10:19 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Derek Lyons

Default Apollo Era Gas Core Nuclear Rocket Powered Moonship

Damon Hill wrote:

Monte Davis wrote in
:

Damon Hill wrote:

Right. Now all you have to do is actually build a gas
core engine.

Therein lies a substantial challenge.

Why should it be? With all the expertise we've acquired in decades of
running fusion reactors and scramjets -- the total mastery of
turbulence in high-energy, high-gradient flows -- it should be a snap.

Add gamma radiation and neutrons, and many thousands of degrees of
temperature beyond our materials science, heat transfer. Only the
uninformed think it's going to be 'easy'. Notice they haven't gotten
fusion working very well yet?

I think you missed the sarcasm tag.

D.
--