Old October 12th 05, 07:38 AM

On 11 Oct 2005 19:51:19 -0700, "Robert Lynn"
wrote:

If we are to believe the pundits we are in the last few decades of
relatively cheap liquid fossil fuels, we are also being berated
interminably by the message that we are significantly effecting climate
with CO2 releases (personally I'm not 100 percent convinced that it is
entirely anthropogenic yet).

What is always elided is the fact that even if global warming is
occurring, and even if it is anthropogenic, it is a big leap from that
to proving that fossil fuel combustion is the mechanism. IMO
deforestation and other practices that alter the hydrological cycle
may well be more important.

-- Roy L